lunes, 29 de octubre de 2007

Traducciones para ser cantadas (II)

San Diego Serenade
(Tom Waits/LP: The heart of saturday night)

I never saw the morning til I stayed up all night
I never saw the sunshine til you turned out the light
I never saw my hometown until I stayed away too long
I never heard the melody, until I needed a song.

I never saw the white line, til I was leaving you behind
I never knew I needed you til I was caught up in a bind
I never spoke i love you til I cursed you in vain,
I never felt my heartstrings until I nearly went insane.

I never saw the east coast til I move to the west
I never saw the moonlight until it shone off your breast
I never saw your heart til someone tried to steal,Tried to steal it away
I never saw your tears until they rolled down your face.


Serenata de San Felipe

Nunca vi la mañana hasta que una noche perdí mi salud
Nunca vi la luz del sol hasta que tú apagaste la luz
Nunca vi mi casa hasta que estuve lejos de allí
Nunca oí la melodía hasta que cantaste para mí.

No vi el blanco del camino hasta que dejé de dar tumbos contigo
Nunca te necesité hasta que te entregué mi destino
Nunca dije te quiero hasta que te maldije sin razón
Nunca oí mis latidos hasta que me volví loco de amor.

Nunca vi una playa hasta que estuve en un burdel
Nunca vi la luz de la luna hasta que bañó tu piel
Nunca vi tu corazón hasta que alguien te lo robó
Nunca vi una lágrima hasta que lloraste de dolor.

No hay comentarios: